php includes lost with samba

My debian laptop (etch) connects to a windoze network.  On the network
server we have PHP and MySQL installed.  If I use one of the other
windoze machines I can access my HTML/PHP/MySQL application without
problem.  However, if I connect to it (using samba) from my debian
laptop it all works except that the php includes are not honoured
properly. It must have something to do with samba having not getting the
same base path somehow.  Any suggestions...

Phill