Changing the look of GTK apps from the commandline

Hey everyone,

Currently running Debian Etch happily with the DWM window manager. This is a
really lightweight window manager that is quite suitable for this very old
machine. Anyways, I have iceweasel, gaim, gvim, and a host of other GTK apps.
Right now they have the default "look" which I would like to change. I see other
desktop distributions such as Ubuntu, Foresight, that have a much better window
decoration.

Since I don't run GNOME Environment, is there anyway I can change the look of
the GTK apps from the commandline. Specifically, can i just download a theme and
change a config file?

Thanks for all your help,
Amit