Re: xquery

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 14:27:18 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 08/18/07 13:08, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>> Is there an xquery implementation for Linux?  Or is it time to implement
>> one? Or is someone already doing it?
>
> What does Googling for "xquery linux" say?

A lot of entries that seem to have only tengential relevance to my
wuestion, some discussions about how usefully xquery can be extended for
various applications, and how various (proprietary-looking) applications
can be extended to do Xquery-like things.  Very little
information identifying specific implementatinos of Xquery that could be
installed and tried out in isolation by someone just gaining familiarity
with the concepts.

Oh... I did find an optimistic description of a project that was looking
forward to the new standards proposals to be released soon in 2002 so
that they could implement it.  Are they still waiting after five years, or
is the project dead?

On retrying the query after your reply, I found GCX, which seems to offer
significant linguistic restrictions.  It seems to have be implemented
primarily to accomplish academic research on storage management.  This was
the most promising lead I found.

I was hoping to hear from someone that had some experience with the stuff,
who might be able to advise me what actually worked.

-- hendrik