Re: libc relocation error

[sorry for the multiple replies]

On Aug 17, 2007, at 2:21 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:

On 08/17/07 16:16, Lev Lvovsky wrote:
replying to my initial post -

I just subbed for the purposes of finding out about this issue - I'm
assuming that if this was widespread, I would've heard a "yeah, it's
being worked on" sort of reply.

Given that - can anyone recommend even a place to start from as far as
this problem goes?  It seems that the linking to glibc has gone awry
either on my side or (less likely), on the etch side, is there a glibc
package I can use to fix the problem?

Are you running a mixed system?

I didn't think that I was, however I upgraded from sarge to etch a while back, so perhaps that's how it's left my system? I'd noticed this problem earlier when I booted into an older kernel. I mistakenly thought nothing of it given the older kernel version (2.4.x), but on second thought, that should have nothing to do with it.

If I indeed am running a mixed system, how can I switch entirely to the etch release?

thanks!
-lev