Re: areca II - mount array

Le Friday 17 August 2007 21:56:38 Michal Krajcirovic, vous avez écrit :
> Hi,
> i have server with two areca raid controllers.
> First have 15 HDDs, no raid. It´s ok, it´s running 15hdd. no problem.
> Second have 2x 1TB HDD and 8x 750GB  HDD.
> 2x 1TB is added as Pass Through - no raid. Its ok, its running in
> system, mount, format, create filesystem, all is ok.
> On 8x 750GB HDD i create a array (RAID5, 7+1 HDDs).
>
> Areca create RAID OK, but i didn´t view RAID in system (debian etch).
> When i run fdisk -l, i see all HDDs (15 HDDs on first areca and 2 HDDs
> on second areca), but i didn´t see RAID.
>
> Where is problem?

My bet, it's not a real (hardware) RAID controller.
You need drivers to see the faked RAID volumes.

You'd better use sowftware RAID with that controller.

If it's a real harware RAID controller, there is perhaps no driver for the
moment.
The chipset is Intel IOP348, I have not found a proof of support (I mean
RAID).