Re: nslookup from behing router/modem

On 16 Aug 2007, at 14:12, Samuel Bächler wrote:

michael@manchester-campaigns:~$ less /etc/resolv.conf
search
nameserver 158.152.1.58
nameserver 158.152.1.42

In Switzerland I would say "the dog is buried here" (how to
say in English?):

I entered your nameserver in my resolv.conf and it did not work.
For now try to use my configuration:
search foo.ch
nameserver 62.2.24.162
nameserver 62.2.17.60
nameserver 62.2.17.61

I can add that another machine (MacOS) on my LAN does nslookup okay, indeed with the first mentioned nameserver. Furthermore, my understanding is that I need a local nameserver for things to work so I'm not sure putting a Swiss one for my UK is sensible. Indeed, it isn't necessary since the MacOS machine can use the stated nameservers... I'm guessing I've something else not set up such that my Debian box, behind the router, isn't accessing the correct nameserver...