Re: live Debian on USB stick

Gerard Robin wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed knoppix on my USB stick and it runs fine but it's too big
> ~ 600 Mb. There are too many packages.
> Is there a Debian dist, not as big as knoppix, that I can put on my USB
> stick ?

Debian Live [1] is the only live CD/USB which is 100% pure Debian. There are
images available for Etch, Lenny and Sid with builds for the standard system,
Gnome, KDE or Xfce. Alternatively, you can build your own custom version with
only the packages you specify. There is a wiki with various howtos [2] and a
mailing list [3].

[1] http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive
[3] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-live-devel/