Working with Kworldclock

Hi

I have a query about how I can best synchronise Kworldclock with my system.

Living in the UK, I have my system configured to BST (British Summer Time). However, I am suspecting that this is not accurate with the time that the BIOS (or system) time is at, because the west coast of Canada is currently showing as -7 hours rather than the -8 that I am convinced it should be.

How can I configure the system time, so that the time zones are consistently 8 hours apart no matter what season the two countries are in?

TIA

Andy