Re: Sendmail +SASL +openldap

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Sergio Belkin wrote:

Hi community

Hello

I have to authenticate Sendmail using openldap (I can't choose another SMTP is
for my job, also I've already got cyrus-imap using sasl and openldap).

I use sendmail/openldap/dovecot

Should I SASL in order to integrate both sendmail and openldap.
Or does another way exist of performing this task?

To have sendmail recognize a user in ldap as local, the getpw* functions
will need to work.  This means you should make sure libnss-ldap is
installed and working (and `getent passwd <user>` works)

You will still likely want SASL setup (libsasl2, libsasl2-modules,
sasl2-bin) so you eventually setup SMTP AUTH with other than
PLAIN/LOGIN.

--
Rick Nelson
"[In 'Doctor' mode], I spent a good ten minutes telling Emacs what I