Re: can not launch any window manager -- solved

Thank you for all your help.

It turned out that reinstalling libxdmcp6 solved the
problem.

Apparently this library must have got corrupted during
the hard boot.

Are there any utilities in debian that will scan all files
and report which are corrupted ?

regards
b thomas