Re: libcbtsysinfo in /home/user

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 04:43:28PM +0200, Magnus Pedersen wrote:
> I have a new dir in /home/magnus, /home/magnus/cbt and I have not put it
> there. It contains cbt/lib/libcbtsysinfo_0.so and google draws a blank on
> that filename. Has my system been compromised (theres is nothing out of the
> ordinary anywhere else) or is there something I have missed?

I noticed yesterday I too had the cbt directory with the same contents. As it turns out, it is created when I log into my web bank, skandiabanken.dk, so it is either benign og extremely nasty...
But I tried it out on a fairly fresh Ubuntu Feisty install where I have never used the web bank before, and 'cbt' appeared in my home dir moments after I hit enter after entering my password.
So it is probably harmless. Nevertheless I am going to contact the bank and ask them.

Best regards,
Jacob Nielsen