Re: Recomendations - becoming a C soldier.

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 07:31:59 -0500
Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> Orestes leal wrote:
> > Hi folks, 2 weeks ago I began to learn C,
> > my advances are very good, my question it's that,
> > The topic sounds funny but it's mostly serious,
> >

> > QUESTION: Studying C 'every day' 4 hours with good understanding,
> > writing at least 10 programs to test this knowledge every day, the question
> > it: How Long Can I become a very 'very' good C  programmer to the point to hack in some
> > kernel of some system or writing good apps without some trouble?
> >

> Here's your test.
>
> There's a bootloader called Grub.
> Your assignment is to change the 'root' command of Grub so that it not
> only takes the form 'root (hd<drive no.>,<partition no.>)' but also
> 'root FILE=<absolute file name>'.
> Root will now look for that file in all of the system and mount the
> partition that it is found in.
>
> I can do it but I get errors and why is sure stumping me.
>
> Hugo

Well, sounds funny since i'm a c begginer, but,
if root it's a function or a parameter to a function
I think that you must change the parser of the arguments
to adapt to this new situation.

Sorry if I'm wrong but I never ask have a test, so maybe 3 months
from now :)

-olr