Re: Questions about installing from net-install CD

On Aug 10, 3:40 pm, "Mumia W.." <paduille.4061.mumia.w
+nos...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I suggest you select the "Desktop" option if there is one*. That should
> give you a graphical user interface and a few utilities. From there, you
> can use either "aptitude" or "synaptic" to install more Debian software
> packages. I suggest you use aptitude.
>
> Refer to these:
>
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/index.en.html
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/
>
> I hope this helps.

Thanks very much for your help! I'm using aptitude now, it's exactly
what I had hoped to see during the install.

I guess the wording of http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/ made it less
than clear to me how much I would be able to access during the
install, but it's clear now.

Thanks again.
-Andrew