Re: question about installing everything

Pat wrote:
 I know this may sound a little ridiculous to some, but I have been
using Debian for several years now and was thinking about installing
everything on a computer to experiment on etc.

I am the opposite, I use about 800MB each for Sid and Test (data separate and shared via symbolic links. Years ago on a Thinkpad365 on a 800MB-HD I ran Win, OS/2, and Linux plus some data.

On UBUNTU and SUSE installs about 1500MB are needed, if you load both Gnome and KDE expect 2GB.

I also considered installing everything and once installed a whole lot and found stuff I would never use or understand, possibly leading to confusion and a possible nervous breakdown. Make sure you have good psychiatric insurance.

- a retired programmer whose sanity is occasionally questioned.