Re: trying to connect to usb devices...can not get tty -but get some strange stuff

thanks for the quick reply.
the command works for me --meaning i get  a whole lot of informaiton that i do not know what to do with.

Can you give me a pointer on how i can find out the device name (i.e. /dev/ttyXXX) so i can use it in Kannel and i can start sending sms text messeges out ??? the kannel.conf need to know what the device name is --i.e :

# SMSC GSM
group = smsc
smsc = at
modemtype = wavecom | premicell | siemens | siemens-tc35 | falcom | nokiaphone | ericsson
device = /dev/ttyS0
pin = 2345
validityperiod = 167

thanks for any input.