Re: Bzflag Segfaults

On 8/7/07, Manaen Schlabach <manaen.schlabach@gmail.com> wrote:

I suppose it's bad form to reply to your own list message but maybe my
experiences will help someone else out.  I have determined that it
isn't just bzflag that has segmentation faults, xmms, and pan are also

I also noticed a segfault with pan (0.131 - locally compiled) after just going into
an article from the article list pane. This happened after a dist-upgrade I performed
earlier in the day (running lenny). I recall there was quite a bit of changing going on
with glibc and other important system libraries, libgtk 2.0 as well, which could be the
cause of the segfault problems. In any event, recompilation (of 0.132) and installation
solved that problem.

I don't have bzflag installed so I am unfamiliar with it. But from 'apt-cache show bzflag' it
seems that at least some of the dependencies are libgl related (and I don't remember upgrading
those all that recently) but I do see that libcurl3 is among the dependencies. libcurl3 has some
problems I suppose that leads the dist-upgrade to want to remove gnome-desktop-environment,
from what I could tell this morning.