Re: Sarge->Etch Upgrade Minor Problems

Le Wednesday 08 August 2007, Aikins, Ronald (Ron) (CIV) disait:

> The default settings for vi have been changed. Display looks weird
> in terms of colors, etc. Can't figure what vi/vim file needs
> changing. I have backups of course of all pre-upgrade config
> files. I've tried using the "old" /etc/vim/vimrc, but no change.

If youv've installed vim 7, try to edit /etc/vim/vimrc and check
if 'runtimepath' contains '/usr/share/vim/vim70'. If not, try add
it.
IIRC, I resolved a problem related by doing this.(On our machines,
we've got runtimepath set to
~/.vim,/etc/vim,/usr/share/vim/vimfiles,/usr/share/vim/addons,/usr/share/vim/vim70,/usr/share/vim/vimfiles,
/usr/share/vim/addons/after,~/.vim/after)

HTH
--
Glennie Vignarajah
It's a rare person who wants to hear what he doesn't want to hear.