Re: Soundproblem on Fujitsu Lifebook E8110: no sound on internal speakes

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 08:56:42AM +0200, wimpunk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to get sound up and running on my lifebook E8110 but I
> got a strange problem.  I only have sound on the headphone output on the
> front.  There's nothing on the internal speakers.
> I've compared my configuration with the one of a colleague which has the
> same laptop and is running debian to but I couldn't find a difference. I
> thought is was a hardware problem but when trying windows it worked
> without any problem.
> Does anyone has any suggestion on what I could check?

run alsamixer and look for the external amplifier and mute it. That
worked for me with the same chipset:

> 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
> Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)

apparently it comes with the external amplifier on which turns off the
onboard speakers. However, I did not test headphones first, so I can't
guarantee that this is the same problem for you.