Re: searching for graphical torrent client

Hi, Wayne.

On Jul 30 2007, Wayne Topa wrote:
> Rogério Brito(rbrito@ime.usp.br) is reported to have said:
> > Can anybody tell me if rtorrent has Distributed Hashtables (DHT), UPnP,
> > and peer exchange? If it has those features, I would have no need for
> > other clients.
>
> Not that I can see.

Yes, the same thing with me.

> Ktorrent does though.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough space on my machine to another set of
infra-structure libraries, but it seems that this and amarok are quite
helpful utilities. :-(

Is there anything like screen's detach feature for graphical utilities?
I'd love to use this feature, as I am mostly using my machine at home
via a remote connection.

> - uTorrent compatible peer exchange
> - Port forwarding with UPnP
> - Support for distributed hash tables (mainline version)
>
>   More info with apt-cache show ktorrent, of course.

Thanks for the hint. I didn't know about ktorrent. It seems to be a good
replacement to azureus, when one has to use it.

Regards, Rogério Brito.