Re: How to add dir to path

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 18:24:08 +0200
"Manon Metten" <manon.metten@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> On 8/7/07, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> Do something like this
> >
> > $ export PATH=~/scripts:$PATH
> >
> > If you put it into the appropriate startup script it will get done
> > every time.
>

> I was looking for some kind of 'path' command but could not find
> anything alike. I didn't know of 'export'.
>
> I just found out that if I add my dir to /etc/profile it's available
> every time.
>
> Thanks, Manon.

Yes, it will be; for you and for people that have a /scripts directory
in their home folders. It will not do any harm for the ones who don't,
but it's not a nice solution.
I would rather you checked your ~/.bash_profile file.

--
Szia:
		Nyizsa.

Get a free email account with anti spam protection.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/2