Re: dumb question about using php

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 16:53:19 +0000
"Michael Fothergill" <mikef20000@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Debianists
>
> I downloaded a small free software from the following location:
>
> http://webscripts.softpedia.com/script/Scientific-Engineering-Ruby/Chemistry/McCabe-Thiele-Method-for-an-Ideal-Binary-Mixture-31835.html
>
> I unzipped it and three little files appeared.
>
> Two look like PHP files.  They have the file extension .m.
>
> The other file is a gif file and is probably some sample graphical
> output.
>
> My dumb question for the day is:
>

> How do I call up php e.g. at a terminal window and then get it to
> execute the .m files?
>
> Is php automatically installed in a bog standard etch desktop
> installation?
>
> Comments appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Michael Fothergill

> The next generation of Hotmail is here!  http://www.newhotmail.co.uk

No, they are not PHP files; they are Matlab functions. You should be
able to run them using Octave. I had to change line 43 of
McCabeThiele.m, from AXIS (capital) to axis (lower case).
This way it displayed a graph started without parameters. Since I'm
an electronic engineer and in no way familiar with distillation (except
the final products, that is), I have no idea what output the function
should provide.

--
Szia:
		Nyizsa.