apt-get: broken dependencies

Since one week or so apt-get is broken because of unmet dependencies on my
→  AMD64, Aspire 4200, Debian, mirror http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/
→  testing.

There should be a bug report, but I do not know against which of the five packages apt-get, gcc-4.2-base, lib32stdc++6, glibc-2.6.1, or dpkg. Some further packages also seem to depend on the same 'old' version of gcc-4.2-base. Experience shows that bug reporting against the wrong package leads to no consequences at all. This would be more than disastrous. Testing without upgrades is absolutely unusable. I would have to change to Ubuntu after having used Debian testing since it came up - in the times of Potato, wasn't it?

The following error messages I had to translate from German, only a few of them matched with readable texts I found in /bin/apt-get, so please excuse if there are mistakes.

Errors after apt-get upgrade, apt-get dist-upgrade and apt-get deselect-upgrade (exactly the same text):

Package lists are read... done
Dependency tree is built... done
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
lib32stdc++6: depends: gcc-4.2-base (= 4.2-20070712-1) but 4.2-20070627-1 is installed
  locales: depends: glibc-2.6-1
E: Unmet dependencies. Try to use -f.

Errors after apt-get -f install:

(Reading data base ... 88142 files and dictionaries are installed.)
Package lists are read.
Preparing to replace libc6-i386 2.5-9 (by .../libc6-i386_2.6-2_amd64.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement for libc6-i386 ...
dpkg: Error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6-i386_2.6-2_amd64.deb (--unpack):
 Trying to overwrite »/usr/lib32« which is also in lib32z1
Errors occurred while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libc6-i386_2.6-2_amd64.deb

When trying to remove one or all of the above files, apt-get threatens to delete several screenfuls of files, including some which I need and use every day. This is, what aptitude does, therefore I never used this program. '--reinstall install' shows no effect at all.

After updating to kernel 2.6.21 some more insufficiencies showed up, especially during boot procedures. I shall ask for them separately when they become bothering too much.

Hans