Re: How to force update second DNS server

thanks for your help

x3n <x3n@molinier.eu> wrote:
Hi,

Normally your secondary NS should synchronize by itself after a
certain amount of time. The problem for the slave NS is to know about
changes. In your primary NS, you can add the "notify yes" command in
the zone declaration, so that salve NS (declared in the zone file!)
are notified about changes.
If your slave NS is not declared in the SOA of your zone, you can use
the "also-notify x.x.x.x" parameter.

After doing this, the secondary should synchronise as soon as the
master has reload the updated zone. If it's not the case, you should
have a careful look to the serial number...

regards,
Lionel

--
x3n`