Re: How to disable ipv6 tunneling

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 21:15 +0200, Marko Randjelovic wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 04:57:30PM +0200, Marko Randjelovic wrote:
> >> I run Etch and at every boot, as message on the screen states, it
> >> activates some "ipv6 over ipv4 tunneling driver" and it lasts several
> >> seconds. I don't need ipv6. How can it be disabled?
> >
> > I think you can blacklist the ipv6 module.

> I blacklisted the modules, now it shows a message about not loading it,
> but waites for 10 seconds anyway. Does someone have a better idea?

I made the following change to /etc/modprobe.d/aliases

alias net-pf-10 off
# alias net-pf-10 ipv6

(added the first line; commented out the second line)

I don't know if that's the "right" way to do it.  It worked for me.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions