Re: Opinions XFS

Sergio Belkin wrote:
Hi I was reading http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/index.html and was amazed because XFS powerful features. But I'd like opinions if xfs should be a good alternative to ext3 in typical cases, or if it should be relegated to critical missions servers.

Thanks in advance!

From what I have read xfs and jfs can corrupt data quickly if the drive is not properly unmounted first (ie, forced reboot, power outage)

People generally stick with ext3 because there is more support for it.

Sam