Re: Looking for driver Compal EL80

Adrian Chapela escribió:
Jeff D escribió:
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Adrian Chapela wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for a driver for the wireless / bluetooth switcher of a Compal El80 laptop. Some tips ??

I can't find this to active / de-active the wireless or the bluetooth by soft. The laptop has a hardware switch but it also has a software switch to active BT or Wireless or two at time.

Can you say me the right direction to find the driver ??

Thank you.

--

With out know what kind of wireless card you have in there, it's tough to say. But from digging around a little it looks like you might have an intel 3945ABG. You can find out more info on how to get that compiled here: http://ipw3945.sourceforge.net/. If thats not the wireless card you have, we would need to find out what you have in there.
Yes I have this card but my problem isn't the card support, it is the support for the switcher, BT / WLAN Switcher... understand you now ??

The card is very well supported at this moment, but I can't find any driver, application to de/activate BT or WLAN.

Thank you!

-+-
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.

Could be a problem with rf_kill switch. It has a value of 2. I need to assign to 0 but when I execute "echo 0 > rf_kill" and the "cat rf_kill" I see a value of 2, it's strange no ??