Re: Firefox \ Iceweasel Differences?

On Jul 31, 2007, at 7:28 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
Why not just code to the standard instead of to a browser, do your
testing in an ACID compliant browser like Konqueror (instead of a
browser that can't render to the standard), and then call it good?  If
it looks good there, it'll look just as good in any browser that
actually complies with the standard or does a reasonably good job
faking it?

In this vein, I've found a *lot* of strange incompatibilities between browsers go away if I use a proper DOCTYPE header and check my HTML with W3C's validator. It seems without a document type each browser renders according to its particular best guess, which isn't very dependable, and lot of what I thought were browser bugs turned out to be me not following the standard. ;)