Re: how to ssh to a linux box from an internet cafe

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 05:14:22PM +0300, Nick Demou wrote:
> I'll soon be on vacations without my PC. I believe that internet
> access from an internet cafe will be my best option. If things go for
> the worse how can I ssh to my debian server?
> I suppose that a PC in most internet cafes will be willing to download
> and run putty.exe but am I right? If not is there any other option?
Just to mention the obvious, most access is through client-server
programs like ssh. So, before you leave, you need to install the ssh
server on your home machine, then test it with the ssh client program on
localhost first and if you have a chance, from a remote host. If not a
client-server program, then maybe a web-based control panel, although
then you have to install apache and make sure that works remotely then.
-K
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|