Re: [OT] Source Based Routing

hi,

On 7/25/07, Erik Persson <erik-maillist@djingis.se> wrote:
I have not read all you have written, but will not:

iptables -I PREROUTING -t nat -s 10.200.10.50 ! -d 192.0.2.8/29 -j SNAT
--to-source 192.0.2.11

do the trick?

i guess that's one of the reasons why I prefer debian-user over other
lists. I do get information :)

Yes that seems to work. I can't test it at the moment as I have to do
that on our live system but that sound like a simple solution. gotta
look into the difference of source nat and source based routing thou I
guess there's a reason why both solutions exist.

By the way, if the provider uses 192.0.2.9 as the gateway, and you have
192.0.2.10-192.0.2.14, how do you get the traffic for the ips, other
than 192.168.2.10, to your gateway?
Are you using multiple ip-addresses on the same interface, or do you use
proxy arp?

Yes just multiple IPs on the external interface on our borderline host

martin