Re: web page accessibility :: PDF and print versions

* Carl Fink <carl@finknetwork.com> [070721 23:35]:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 11:26:54PM -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> > My web site includes links to documents in PDF format.  Because of
> > length, the documents are set in a 10-point font, with footnotes in an
> > 8- or 9-point.
> >
> > I am attempting to accommodate visitors with impaired vision, by
> > generating a HTML version of each PDF document, in order to enable a
> > visitor to enlarge the type via the browser.
> >
> > But sometimes a visitor needs to be able to print out hardcopy for
> > reading off-line.  I do not know to specify the font size used in the
> > print version of a HTML document.  What is the mechanism?  Does a
> > browser access a default style sheet for printing?
> >
> > Can someone point me in the right direction?
>
> Every PDF reader I'm aware of can zoom in.  It's not quite as good as
> zooming in on HTML, because the text doesn't reflow, but it works.

Thanks, Carl.

Of course, most visitors are running Window$, and I don't know what
software most Window$ users employ for reading PDF.  (I'll make a
Google search.)

One visitor said that "Adobe 5" has the ability to increase the font
size.  She said that she had purchased Adobe 5, but that it was rather
expensive.

Again, the issue is with the font size in printed output.

RLH