Re: Problems with text file going from Linux to MS Windows

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:
>If I want to send a text file to an MS Windows user there are problems: in
>fact, in MS Windows a text file which has been composed under Linux is not
>correctly read: the line ends are not recognised.  The remedy is to cut the text
>and paste it into an MS Word file, then cut it again and re-paste it into the
>text file, which is not so good because this way I need rebooting every time
>into the Windows partition.

nano, e. g., supports the MS-DOS-file format (or whatever it's
called) and thus you can save your text files with nano (C+O, M+D)
the way Windows users are able to read them properly.

Additionally, there are some converters able to read your Unix-like
text files and convert them to the format mentioned above.

Greetings,

Claudius
--
Mail:    x2017_2007@nurfuerspam.de ICQ:               224491597  ,= ,-_-. =.