Re(2): openvpn in spite of firewalls

David, Alex, Karl & others,

At Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:50:37 +0100 Karl wrote,
kj> I presume that you do not have control over the firewall?

Correct.

The socket concept is sound.  Yet where administrators
insist on closing ports & etc. indiscriminately, the
concept is defeated.  I'm afraid that your software
will become a necessity in many environments.

kj> ... any holes in the firewalls for UDP?

Not that I know of.  Is there an efficient & reliable
way to search for a UDP port?

kj> Since the firewalls allow SSH through, you can
always run a PPP link over ssh...

Will keep it in mind as a last resort(?).

kj> Hope this helps

Certainly, thanks,         ... Peter E.

http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/