Re: xprint config

Adam Hardy <adam.ant@cyberspaceroad.com>:
>  does anybody here have any xprint config experience? My old
>  workstation is getting a bit bloated, xprint is up the creek and I
>  can't print to file / PS / PDF.
>
>  I can't see anything visibly wrong with the configuration. I tried
>  deinstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help. xprint works
>  fine on my new machine where I just installed etch, but on this box
>  it is kaputt.

I've been fiddling with xprint just to figure out what the heck it is.
Yeah, yeah, an X print server.  What's that?  I already have lprng,
printing appears to work in everything I've tried it in, but that was
true before I installed xprint.  So, what do I need xprint for?  It's
a mystery.

Have you read the stuff in /usr/share/doc/xprint and xprint-common
and xprint-utils?  Have you:

   export XPSERVERLIST=`/etc/init.d/xprint get_xpserverlist`

in your startup shell config?  It also suggests:

   export LPDEST=lp   # <-- edit to taste.

may be useful, but I haven't needed it.

The things I've seen so far say it help mozilla browsers print.  Is
that all?  How to get OOo to use it?  Dunno.  It doesn't appear to
need it.

- -