Re: How to check if a DVD is damaged?

Hi Rodolfo,

On 7/4/07, Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:

A few days ago I by chance realized that the DVD-RW I had used for months to do
may backup was probably damaged: apparently it was not, because I could burn my
data onto it without problems; but when I tried to copy its content into a hard
disk I got I/O errors and some directories could not be copied.

I've had this very same problem with cheap CD's that I used for backup. Making a
backup proceeded without any error, but when I tried to access the data, I also got
r/w errors, resulting in not being able to access the data anymore.

I trashed all these cheap CD's and turned to quality CD's (in my case Verbatim 32x).
Then for months I checked all data on CD after making a backup, but I didn't encounter
a single error anymore. I stick to Verbatim only for backup.

Manon.