Re: Keyboard sluggish in Etch, not Sid - problem gone away

On 02 Jul 2007, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I have both Etch and Sid installed on my Thinkpad R40. I installed Etch
> because the wireless connection ceased to work in Sid - the card was no
> longer connecting although it was recognized.
>
> However, in Etch there is a problem with the keyboard in X. Fast typing
> causes letters to be missed out. I thought it might be a difference in
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf but I copied the version from Sid without altering
> things. I also tried substituting the "kbd" driver with "keyboard",
> again without success.
>
> Typing in a console seems to be unaffected.
>
> Any ideas where to look for the problem?

Since no one has commented I presume this is one of those strange things
that just happen from time to time. Anyway, I made a fresh installation
of Lenny and then upgraded to Sid. The wireless card continued to work
and so did the keyboard, so both problems have gone away though I don't
know why.

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
Microsoft-free zone - Using Linux Gnu-Debian