Re: entering data into a pdf file

Brad Rogers wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:04:09 -0700
Andrew Gray <sweetandy@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Andrew,

I remember from my dad's experience at work, where he does this very
act on an extremely regular basis, that you need the professional
version of Adobe Acrobat in order to enter data into fields; not even

You can enter data using Acroread.  You can even print out the
completed form.  There are, of course, caveats.  First, the document has
to be set up to allow it at the design stage (i.e. in Adobe Designer),
and second, you can't save, from Acroread, the document with the data
included.

Some pdf files can be saved: those from www.irs.gov can.

Details are included in the Acroread help files in the section "Filling
in Adobe PDF forms".