Wireless with password not working

Dear all

I've got an Apple PowerBook G4 with Debian Etch on it. I've managed to make the wireless card work by copying the firmware for the card from Mac OS to Debian. I can successfully connect to an open wireless network (i.e. a network which is not require a password) using Debian. However, I can't connect to password-protected networks (I works with Mac OS, though). Debian asks for the password, and then the network connection idles forever. Any ideas or hints?

Matthias

-------
Matthias Brennwald
Lägernstrasse 6