Triple/Quad screen options

Hi guys,

I'm Looking for your experiences using three or more monitors under Linux? We use two to four screens at work (depending on our exact requirements). Using two screens on a dual-head card works mostly OK, at least for my legitimate work needs (some things like fullscreen mplayer don't behave so nicely, but that's not essential), but as soon as you run three or more screens and have to use two graphics card, things get a little messy. Xinerama, for one, breaks hardware 3D, and some things behave weirdly

I've looked online at cards like the Matrox G450 Quad, and wondered if anyone has experience running these under linux. How well does things like 3D and hardwar everlay (as in MPlayer fullscreen with xv without trying to fullscreen over all the screens) work?

Thanks