Re: apt-get install problem

Karl & Daniel

The apt-get --purge remove <Package Name, worked a treat.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Nick

On 6/29/07, Karl E. Jorgensen < karl@jorgensen.org.uk> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 09:42:20AM +0100, Nick Adie wrote:
> Hi
>
> I ran: apt-get install mediawiki [OK]
> i ran: apt-get remove --purge mediawiki [OK]

So far, so good

> I then in hind sight did a 'stupid' and removed the leftover folders and files.

Which ones?

All the MediaWiki1.7 folders, can't remember exactly.

> When I now run: apt-get install mediawiki
>
> It searches the repository tells me everything is OK and installs nothing.
>
> How do I reinstall?

According to what I can see in the repository, the "mediawiki" package
is just a metapackage. All it contains is a dependency on mediawiki1.7
(or 1.9, depending on your release).

The "leftovere" files you removed probably belong(ed) to mediawiki1.7
(or mediawiki1.9).  If you blow that away (apt-get --purge remove ...)
and reinstall it, you might get somewhere...

Hope this helps
--
Karl E. Jorgensen
karl@jorgensen.org.uk   http://www.jorgensen.org.uk/