sound and twinkle

Hello,
I know the bug #420138 (twinkle) but it's not fixed for me with a laptop acer
aspire 5102wmli. My dist: unstable, kernel 2.6.18-4-amd64
apt-cache show twinkle | grep Vers:  Version: 1:1.0.1-1

I encounter a problem when I launch twinkle, I get:

Cannot access the ring tone device (ALSA: plughw:0,0)
Cannot access the speaker (ALSA: plughw:0,0)
Cannot access the microphone (ALSA: plughw:0,0)

(by the way mocp doesn't work and vlc works but without sound)

In the file /etc/esound/esd.conf there is by default :
auto_spawn=0
and ps ax | grep esd gives:
/usr/bin/esd  -nobeeps

If I put: auto_spawn=1
ps ax | grep esd gives:
/usr/bin/esd -terminate -nobeeps -as 5 -spawnfd 23

and twinkle doesn't complain (and mocp and vlc work fine)
I can call someone I hear him but he can't hear me in 99% of the cases
and when I press "bye" twinkle freeze and the same sound is repeated
continously. If I receive a call, when I answer, twinkle freezes.
I have two questions:
1 Is it a good idea to set auto_spawn to 1 ?
2 Why twinkle seems to work fine for someone and not for me ?

tia

--
Gérard