Re: Get rid of KDE / Gnome desktop manager

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 9:57 pm, rocky wrote:
> Hey,
>
> When I install the Debian I selected Desktop during the installation
> process. Therefore, The KDE or Gnome has been loaded to my Debian box.
> Now I want to only Have xserver and twm window manager. Can any of you
> tell me how can I get rid of the Desktop manager please?
>
> Blessings,
> Rocky

Try using the aptitude UI to remove/purge the tasks 'desktop, gnome, kde'
while selecting to hold/install xserver-xorg and twm. It may take a few
minutes to remove all of those packages, if you have a full DE installed.

--
Matthew K Poer <matthewpoer@gmail.com>
Location: GA, USA              Web: http://matthewpoer.freehostia.com