Re: how to exclude the packges in dist-upgrade

Hi,

 Thanks all,

 Setting '=' in deselect works. But the selection does not perculate to
apt-get program.

 I tried echo "hal hold" |   sudo dpkg --set-selections

 This worked. This also solves the dependencies
 once the top level package is selected to hold then the other packages
  dependent are automatically put on hold !

 As usual ! debian's apt-get is the top package manager i have worked
with !

--
Bhasker C V
Registered Linux user: #306349 (counter.li.org)