Re: Migrate kernel 2.4 to 2.6

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 07:50 +0000, Qnick wrote:
> I have a box ((Fujitsu-Siemens PRIMERGY RX300  S3) within Debian 4.0
> "Etch" and 2.4.31 kernel  .
> I very want upgrade it to kernel 2.6.21 but i don't know how do it.
> I installed kernel package 2.6.18  from Debian distribution but after
> reboot accured "kernel panic" (don't detect scsi megaraid).
> After I compiled new kernel. I installed necessary package: udev,
> yaird , initramfs-tools.

Just in general, there are reference pages out there for migration. One
is

http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT5793467888.html

This isn't a direct answer to what ails you, but is worth looking at for
those switching from 2.4.x to the 2.6 kernel.

Kenward
--
If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for
reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.   Albert Einstein