Re: OT: QEMU Package faster

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 12:25:27PM -0400, Matthew K Poer wrote:
> Perhaps, if you enabled non-free software on her computer, kqemu is installed?
> it is a processor accelerator for qemu, but it is not DFSG-compliant, so it
> is in the non-free repo.

I agree this is probably it. kqemu makes a *HUGE* difference in
performance. On my k7 machine it must quadruple performance (I've not
measured it, but if feels like it).

However, that said, if I watch my cpu meter, qemu, even under kqemu,
definitely eats some cpu (running win xp in the vm). But it seems to
play pretty nicely with others. So, is it eating all the cpu and
dragging everything else down with it? or is it just using lots of cpu
when it can?