lost network connection

Hi all,

this might sound like a rather brod question, but I don't know how else to ask it, and I'm hoping somebody will have a real good idea of the problem I now have.

I've just upgraded my Sarge server to Etch, which all seemed to go quite nicely, but now after a reboot I cannot access the machine. The network is closed and I cannot login using my SSH client. During the installation I chose to keep my current configuration files, which is the default anyway. Does anybody know if Etch installs any network service that might be blocking the network interface? Firewall? Could NFS be causing the problem? I never had/used NFS before, and I believe I saw NFS being installed during the dist-upgrade. I do not use any other services that could/would deny me access that I know of. I have rsync installed, but I don't actually use it yet.

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Picture this ? share your photos and you could win big! http://www.GETREALPhotoContest.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us