Re: lenny: dri stopped working (nvidia)

David Fox wrote:

Hello, when I was running etch I had the nvidia driver on a Geforce FX 5200 running just fine.

I've done a recent (as of a few days ago) dist-upgrade to lenny and the DRI no longer works.

Additionally, I'm seeing a stack backtrace and a sig11 from the X server on shutdown. I just did
an aptitude update && aptitude upgrade a few minutes ago and there were new xserver-xorg
and libglu packages. So I figured the problem might go away, but it didn't.

Anyone else with similar hardware experiencing this?

The current xorg-xserver is not compatible with the current nvidia-glx driver:  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=420177

xorg-xserver was just updated a couple of weeks ago.  The update for nvidia-glx is in the works: http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=nvidia-glx

I *think* that is your problem.  I don't know for sure.  I am kind of a noob myself :)

Sam