Re: backports

Bob Proulx wrote:
> Chris Lale wrote:
>> Francesco Pietra wrote:
>>> deb http://www.backports.org/debian/ etch-backports main contrib non-free
>> The above line works for me (giving only a GPG error) with both "aptitude
>> update" and "apt-get update".
>
> Install the debian-backports-keyring package from backports.
>
> In backports-users Alexander Wirt wrote:
>> I have uploaded the bpo keyring to the archive which makes it
>> possible to add the bpo archive signing key via apt-get install
>> debian-backports-keyring to you apt keyring. I hope I haven't missed
>> anything but please test it.
>
>   apt-cache show debian-backports-keyring

>    The backports repository digitally signs its Release files. This package
>    contains the repository key used for that.

Thanks Bob! You learn something new every day. :)

I might add that this package comes from the debian-backports repository itself,
so you need to add the repository to /etc/apt/sources.list, "aptitude update",
ignore the GPG error and "aptitude install debian-backports-keyring" to avoid
GPG errors in future.

--
Chris.