my DVD is'nt recognized or automounted but k3b detects it perfectly

Hi,

I am facing a peculiar problem. one of my DVD is not recognized when inserted into DVD drive.
I've LG GSA-H10N DVD-RW.
When double-clicking on drive icon from nautilus, i get this error message:

mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
       missing codepage or other error
       in some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
       dmesg | tail  or so

this is the output of "dmesg | tail"
cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!
cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!
cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!
Unable to identify CD-ROM format.
Unable to identify CD-ROM format.
UDF-fs INFO UDF 0.9.8.1 (2004/29/09) Mounting volume 'Movies', timestamp 2007/02/25 22:31 (114a)
Unable to identify CD-ROM format.
Unable to identify CD-ROM format.
UDF-fs INFO UDF 0.9.8.1 (2004/29/09) Mounting volume 'Movies', timestamp 2007/02/25 22:31 (114a)
Unable to identify CD-ROM format.

Now, if I start k3b and try to read the disk-info from software interface, the DVD got mounted and I can now browse the contents, copy from it, play mp3/movies etc.
But if i eject it/restarts the system, same problem persists, until i mount it again through k3b.

can anybody solve this problem? I can provide more information if required.

Note: That DVD is burnt using Nero7 from Windows XP long ago before I switched to linux. It worked in windows perfectly.

Arijit Sarkar
Kolkata, India
'Debian Testing' GNU/LINUX