Re: Turning off the %^&* scroll wheel

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 12:12 -0400, Curt Howland wrote:
> Mr. Kaye, many thanks. Unfortunately, there is no such option in the
> two "mouse" related sections:
>
> ==========
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "CorePointer"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
>         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
>         Driver          "synaptics"
>         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
>         Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "0"
> EndSection
> =============
>
> I tried reconfiguring and changing to imps rather than explorerps2, no
> change.

> Is there another possibility?

Surprisingly, your touchpad is probably not the "Configured Mouse" input
device, but rather the "Synaptics Touchpad".
The command "man synaptics" (you can always find the exact name of the
manpage by typing "apropos synaptics" or "apropos touchpad") reveals a
whole lot of options to alter the behaviour of your touchpad.
I believe you're looking for the one called "VertEdgeScroll".

So, in the touchpad section, add:

	Option		"VertEdgeScroll"	"false"

Enjoy!

--