Re: apt-caher or approx?

On 22-06-2007, Andrés Ghigliazza <tizone@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We will soon have, 5 or 6 Debian boxs (servers and desktops), in our
> LAN. We would like to know, if it is better to use apt-cacher o approx
> for the updates.
>
> I couldn't find enough documentation of any of them, to see some
> features, before installing one.

I am using approx for a at least one year now. I used apt-proxy before.
Approx is fast and simple. There is almost no configuration (just add
the repository you want to use) and change the sources.list of your
host. Concerning speed, i move from apt-proxy which can achieve 1MBps
to approx (2-4MBps).

I cannot compare with apt-cacher since i have never used it.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall